At Pediatrics of Steamboat Springs, we are committed to providing comprehensive and scientifically current medical care to infants, children and adolescents through the age of 18 in a caring and supportive environment, while keeping the costs of healthcare affordable. Our practice is dedicated to providing your family with quality care by assuring that each patient receives individualized, personalized attention. Our goal is to be partners with our parents to help raise healthy children, both physically and emotionally. We are known for honesty and integrity; for quality medical care; and for treating our patients with respect and courtesy. We are a team of skilled professionals who take pride in our work.
To be the healthcare provider of choice for physicians and patients – delivering the healthcare we expect for our own family.
Coronavirus 19 (COVID-19)
The To our Valued Patients, Families and Friends of Pediatrics of Steamboat:
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. For our practice, that means understanding how it affects our patients, their families, friends, our employees, and our physicians.
Our goal is actively supporting our community’s efforts guarding against the spread of COVID-19. We are also ensuring our healthcare practice is broadly and safely available to help you and your family with your health.
We have one simple objective that guides us; keeping our patients and our employees safe. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way in our planning. With that in mind, we have made several adjustments affecting how our practice supports our patients.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Colorado’s Routt County Health Department guidelines and recommendations identifying intentional and meaningful steps we can take to help prevent the spread of this virus.
We’d like you to know a few key points about differences you might experience working with our practice as this situation evolves and eventually stabilizes:
- Our practice cannot test everyone for COVID-19, only those who meet strict state criteria.
- Pediatrics of Steamboat will be seeing all non-ill patients (well-child checks, ADHD visits, injuries, etc.) in the mornings prior to lunch, all sick patients will be scheduled after lunch.
- Pediatrics of Steamboat is screening all patients and caregivers at the time of scheduling, and appointment check in. We are using abundant caution to NOT expose staff and patients to anyone who meets COVID-19 at risk criteria. We kindly ask for your patience and acceptance of these additional screening criteria.
- Geographic areas where there has been a widespread community transmission is an evolving determination. Pediatrics of Steamboat is following CDC and the CDPHE guidelines for identification of these geographic areas. We ask that you be transparent about your travels and encounters ensuring we are responding appropriately and safely for your benefit and ours.
- These pre-screening protocols, intended to protect as much as possible the practice’s physicians and staff and other patients/families, may result in your child’s appointment being rescheduled.
Please offer our staff your patience and understanding if your appointment has to be moved to another date and time.
- For scheduled appointments, we are asking that you limit the number of adults and children in attendance for scheduled appointments to ONLY be the patient and ONE other attendee who is the patient’s parent, legal guardian or care giver. We are very happy to reschedule services in order to accommodate your needs, reducing the number of people attending a patient’s appointment.
We will continue to update you as more information becomes available and we will do all we can to protect you, your family, our physicians and our employees.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 970-871-1900, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be very happy to help answer your questions/concerns.
Thank you for placing your trust in our practice for your and your family’s health.
We will get through this!
In good health,
The Providers and Staff at Pediatrics of Steamboat